Thanks Hoss, this is exactly what I needed. I had previously run the
example using nothing more than an external ZK hosting my own
configuration. This of course means one of two things - my conf was bad, or
Solr was at fault. The conf has been working for ages so I didn't test a
replacement (it's amazing how a little frustration can fuel such hubris). I
had thought to do this before - and should have; I uploaded the full
example collection configuration to ZK just now and tried again. Magic, it
worked, which left me feeling a bit glum. Well, happy that it wasn't Solr.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have a conf review to perform.

Darren

--
Darren