harish singh [harish.sing...@gmail.com] wrote:
> I tried the Faceting on the UUID field.

Nice debug trick. I'll remember that to next time.

> So does this mean, when I do a facet query on facet.field= loginUserName,
> Solr does not look at the UUID?

Yes. For faceting, Solr only uses the internal docIDs and the facet field data.

> And the unique field (UUID in this case) is considered only while Search
> Queries?

For a distributed setup, the documents are resolved from the shards using
uniqueKey.

I did not think this was the case for a non-distributed setup - for such setup,
I thought that the documents were resolved using internal docIDs. If your index
is single-shard, then I was wrong.

- Toke Eskildsen