Oh, I see. I used the start -e cloud command, then ran through a setup with
one core and default options for the rest, then tried to post the json
example again, and got another error:
buntu@ubuntu-VirtualBox:~/crawler/solr$ bin/post -c gettingstarted
example/exampledocs/*.json
/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/bin/java -classpath
/home/ubuntu/crawler/solr/dist/solr-core-5.0.0.jar -Dauto=yes
-Dc=gettingstarted -Ddata=files org.apache.solr.util.SimplePostTool
example/exampledocs/books.json
SimplePostTool version 5.0.0
Posting files to [base] url
http://localhost:8983/solr/gettingstarted/update...
Entering auto mode. File endings considered are
xml,json,csv,pdf,doc,docx,ppt,pptx,xls,xlsx,odt,odp,ods,ott,otp,ots,rtf,htm,html,txt,log
POSTing file books.json (application/json) to [base]
SimplePostTool: WARNING: Solr returned an error #404 (Not Found) for url:
http://localhost:8983/solr/gettingstarted/update
SimplePostTool: WARNING: Response: <html>
<head>
<title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
</head>

Sincerely,