On 3/3/2015 6:55 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> With a longer zkClientTimeout, does the failure happen on a later
> collection?  I had hoped that it would solve the problem, but I'm
> curious about whether it was able to load more collections before it
> finally died, or whether it made no difference... and whether the
> message now indicates 40 seconds or if it still says 30.

I have found the code that produces the message, and the wait for this
particular section is hardcoded to 30 seconds.  That means the timeout
won't affect it.

If you move the Solr log so it creates a new one from startup, how long
does it take after startup begins before you see the failure that
indicates the conflicting leader information hasn't resolved?

This most likely is a bug ... our SolrCloud experts will need to
investigate to find it, so we need as much information as you can provide.

Thanks,
Shawn