Matt:

Not really. There's a bunch of third-party log analysis tools that
give much of this information (not everything exposed by JMX of course
is in the log files though).

Not quite sure whether things like Nagios, Zabbix and the like have
this kind of stuff built in seems like a natural extension of those
kinds of tools though....

Not much help here...
Erick