From: Siegfried Goeschl [mailto:sgoes...@gmx.at]
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 7:53 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Indexing PDF and MS Office files

Hi Vijay,

I know the this road too well :-)

For PDF you can fallback to other tools for text extraction

* ps2ascii.ps
* XPDF's pdftotext CLI utility (more comfortable than Ghostscript)
* some other tools exists as well (pdflib)

If you start command line tools from your JVM please have a look at
commons-exec :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

PS: one more thing - please, tell your management that you will never ever
successfully all real-world PDFs and cater for that fact in your requirements
:-)