Hi Ian,

DELETESHARD doesn't support ASYNC calls officially. We could certainly do
with a better response but I believe with most of the Collections API calls
at this time in Solr, you could send random params which would get ignored.
Therefore, in this case, I believe that the async param gets ignored.

The go-to reference point to check what's supported is the official
reference guide:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api7

This doesn't mentioned support for async DELETESHARD calls.

--
Anshum Gupta