Is it possible to use the licenseNumber is the expand.q? In Solr 4*, Expand
brings back all the results in the expand.q and maps them to groups. So
large result sets generated by expand.q can be slow.

In Solr 5, Expand limits the results coming back from expand.q to only
include records that have an expand.field that is included in the main
result page. This would be much faster in the scenario you are describing.

How many document are in the index? How many documents are returned by this
query:

expand.q=contentType:ActivationBean
OR contentType:EntitlementReleaseBean OR contentType:EntitlementProductBean
OR (contentType:EntitlementPersonBean AND
webProfileId:5449738)

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/