Thank you very much for such a detailed reply. can you please tell me how
can i interact with solr from within my Java/JSP application ? I mean how to
query the solr running at localhost and getting results back in the
application. Do i have to change something there in solrconfig.xml ? Please
help me in this regards

Thanks in advance

--
Akeel