Hi Akeel

-Stopwords are general words of language, which, as such do not contain any
meaning in searches like; a,an, the, where, who, am etc. The analyzer in
lucene ignores such words and do not index them. You can also specify you
own stopwords in stopwords.txt in SOLR

-Protwords are the words which you do not want to be stemmed (In stemming
case manager/managing/managed/manageable all are indexed as ---> manag. Same
thing goes in case of searching. In case you do not want a particular word
to be stemmed at index/search time just put it in protwords.txt of SOLR.