On 5/18/2015 8:07 AM, Steven White wrote:
> Thanks Shawn and Upayavira.
>
> What about the second part of my question?  I guess I was not clear on it,
> so let me try again.  Lets say I want to use Solr in a container other that
> Jetty, such as WebSphere or Tomcat.  If the WAR will be deprecated, is it a
> matter of copying other Solr files into that container or is this not
> possible?

Right now, Solr is still a war.  Once we turn it into a standalone
application, the packaging will be entirely different, and you would
probably need to recompile to obtain a war for deployment in Websphere
or Tomcat.

The build target that makes a war MIGHT be available for the remainder
of 5.x, but I cannot make that kind of guarantee.  I expect the option
to disappear COMPLETELY with (or possibly before) the 6.0 release.

Thanks,
Shawn