From: Daniel Papasian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:56 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: expression in an fq parameter fails

Ezra Epstein wrote:
>       <str name="fq">storeAvailableDate:[* TO NOW]</str>
>       <str name="fq">storeExpirationDate:[NOW TO *]</str>
>
> This works perfectly.  Only trouble is that the two data fields may
> actually be empty, in which case this filters out such records and we
> want to include them.

I think the easiest thing to do would be either use a zero-date for
storeAvailableDate and an infinity-date for storeExpirationDate instead
of having them be empty for things you want to be always available or
always expired (if I've understood your problem) or, add another field
alwaysAvailable or neverExpiring, and then do an OR off of that.

Maybe that's cheating?

HTH,
Daniel