Take a look at the collections API CREATE command in more detail here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api1

Admittedly this is 5.2 but you didn't mention what version of Solr
you're using.
In particular the createNodeSet and createNodeSet.shuffle parameters.

Best,
Erick