The AnalyticsQuery can be used to implement custom faceting modules. This
would allow you to calculate facets counts in an algorithm similar to
group.facets before the result set is collapsed. If you are in distributed
mode you will also need to implement a merge strategy:

http://heliosearch.org/solrs-new-analyticsquery-api/
http://heliosearch.org/solrs-mergestrategy/

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/