Hi All,

I did many tests with very consistent test results. Each query was executed
after re-indexing, and only one request was sent to query the index. I
disabled filterCache and queryResultCache for this test based on Erick's
recommendation.

The test document was posted to this email list earlier. Briefly, the query
without grouping and faceting took about 60 ms, and grouping on top of the
same query adds about 15 ms. However, the faceting adds additional 70 ms,
brings it to 140 ms

The index size is only 1 M records. A 10 times of the record size (> 10M)
will likely bring the total response time to > 1 second for these two
queries. My goal is to make the query as performant as possible so that we
can achieve a < 1 second response time under load.

Is a 50 ms to 60 ms response time (single request scenario) a bit too long
for 1M records with Solr? Is the faceting taking too long  (70 ms)to
process?

Thanks