Ok. So I have a version of solr with a small modification to the SimpleFacet
class where you can send a parameter to tell that you want some more info.
It'll bring back a list with the max and min values as well as the SD, CV
and Mean for the facet values.
If you are interested I could generate a patch and add it to JIRA.

What do you think?

Jonathan