Hello,

I'm trying to tune a search handler to get the results that I want. In the
solrconfig.xml I specify several different query fields for the edismax
query parser but it always seems to use the default fields instead.

For example and clarification, when I remove Author from the "df" list of
fields the search results do not come up with the author I was looking for.
But when I add Author back in as a "df" it returns 19/20 of his documents as
the top search results. I guess I'm really confused because when you specify
the query fields solr shouldn't use those default fields. I guess it's not a
real super problem because I can define all the fields I need as defaults.
I'm just trying to figure out where I'm going wrong here. Is there a reason
that this would happen? I have the search handler xml below

 <requestHandler name="/select" class="solr.SearchHandler">

     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="echoParams">all</str>
       <str name="defType">edismax</str>
       <str name="df">Author</str>  <------ADDING THIS GIVES DESIRED RESULT,
REMOVING BAD--
       <str name="df">text</str>       -----RESULT. NOTHING ELSE CHANGES
       <str name="qf">text^0.5 Title^1.2 Author^2.0</str>
       <str name="rows">20</str>
       <str name="q.alt">*some author name*</str>
     </lst>

    </requestHandler>

And here is the echoed params of the search

 "responseHeader": {
    "status": 0,
    "QTime": 48,
    "params": {