What is your query?

Note that edismax uses the Lucene query parser by default, and dismax if
it encounters an error.

Add debugQuery=true to your query, and look at the parsed query output
to see what your query has been parsed into. This can often be very
illuminating as you will see which fields are used and when.

Upayavira