Hello,

I've been trying to tune my search handler to get some better search results
and I just have like a general question about the search handler.

This being the first time I've designed/implemented a search engine I've
been "told" that other engines operate on a kind of layered search. By
layered I mean you can

1. Prioritize exact phrasing first
2. Return documents that contain an "AND" meaning that they just contain
both words not necessarily in that order. <---- prioritize these as second.
3. Return documents that hit "OR" meaning that one of the words appears.
and so on...

I guess my question is could you do this in Solr with a SINGLE query. Not
multiple. I've tested some queries with the "+" modifier and it seems to
only return the documents if it contains both words and no OR's or anything.
Which I suppose it should. But could you implement the a layered search
handler if you wanted to?