From: Upayavira [mailto:u...@odoko.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2015 10:33 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Multiple facet fields Query

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015, at 03:09 PM, Phansalkar, Ajeet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I want to add facet on multiple fields I am typically adding
> multiple facet.fields as part of the query.
>
> &facet=true & facet.field=<field1> & facet.field=<field2>
>
> Is there another way to do this instead of using the facet.field
> multiple time but using only say &facet.field=<field1>,<field2>.
>
> I am running into issue integrating it with our esb layer because of
> the & field.

It is a common pattern within Solr to use multiple request parameters with the
same name.

You may be able to get around it, if you are using the latest Solr, using the
JSON facet or the JSON query API, which encapsulate similar functionality in a
JSON snippet.

Upayavira

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
then delete it.

TIAA-CREF