Mikhail, you are completely right!
And your observation was not superficial or obvious !
Actually DocValues are an un-inverted index, but I was ignoring they can be
used to search !
In my observation I was not taking in consideration docValues ( as it was
not in the user schema), so actually mine was superficial!

Just taking a look, just verified that it's not possible to get the terms
from docValues from the terms component or from the schema browser ( I
guess both of them uses the term dictionary when indexed) .

Just curious to know how docValues are used to search !
Are they loaded as array of values  ? ( document ordinal as index and
binary value as value ? )
In the case the search will be linear per Document number.
Which is quite inefficient but at least works!

Cheers

--