Q.do you know when it would be released?
5.3 will be released in another 3-4 weeks .

Q.Are there any requirements of ZK authentication must be there as well?
NO

bq.Providing my own security.json + class/implementation to verify
user/pass should work today with 5.2, right?

Yes. But, if you modify your credentials or anything in that JSON, you
will have to restart all your nodes .

Q.SOLR-7274 pluggable security is already in 5.2 (my requirement is to
provide user/pass in a secure manner, not as argument on cmd or from
(our unsecured) ZK but from a configuration restful service,

I'm not clear what your question is. Basic Auth is a well-known
standard. We are just implementing that standard. We store all
credentials & permissions in ZK . That means it is only as secure as
your ZK . As long as nobody can write to ZK, your system is safe