By the time the last email was sent, other node also caught up. Makes me wonder what happened and how does this work.

Thanks

On 8/17/15 9:53 PM, Rallavagu wrote:
response inline..

On 8/17/15 8:40 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
Is this 4 shards? Two shards each with a leader and follower? Details
matter a lot....

It is a single collection single shard.

What, if anything, is in the log file for the down nodes? I'm assuming
that when you
start, all the nodes are active....

During the update process found following exceptions

org.apache.http.conn.ConnectionPoolTimeoutException: Timeout waiting for connection from pool at org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingClientConnectionManager.leaseConnection(PoolingClientConnectionManager.java:232) at org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingClientConnectionManager$1.getConnection(PoolingClientConnectionManager.java:199) at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:456) at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:784) at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer$Runner.run(ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer.java:232) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:682)

However, after couple of hours one of the nodes (out of two that were trailing) caught up with status "Active". However, other node is still in state "Down". It has following message.

"Log replay finished. recoveryInfo=RecoveryInfo{adds=2009581 deletes=148 deleteByQuery=0 errors=0 positionOfStart=0}"

I am trying to understand the behavior and wondering is there a way to "trigger" the updates to other participating nodes in the cloud.

Also, I have noticed that the memory consumption goes very high. For instance, each node is configured with 48G memory while java heap is configured with 12G. The available physical memory is consumed almost 46G and the heap size is well within the limits (at this time it is at 8G). Is there a documentation or to understand this behavior? I suspect it could be lucene related memory consumption but not sure.

You might review:

Sorry for not being very clear to start with. Hope the provided information would help.

Thanks

Best,
Erick