On 9/10/2015 9:03 AM, Esther-Melaine Quansah wrote:
> Is there a way for me to debug and modify Angular JS code in the Solr Admin
> UI without needing to completely rebuild the server and clearing browser
> cache?

I'm not sure about browser caching.  That might be a problem, but if it
is, it's going to be a problem regardless of Solr version.  In Firefox,
holding down the shift key while you click the reload button (or
pressing Shift-F5 in Windows) should invalidate the cache for the page
you're on, so you don't need to dive into Options to clear the cache.
Other browsers should have something similar, but it might not be
exactly the same key(s).

In Solr 5.2.x, the code you're talking about is in the war file, which
gets extracted to server/solr-webapp/webapp.  You can modify the
extracted contents.  I think that if that directory already exists on
startup, jetty skips the extraction, so your changes might survive a
restart ... but I am not positive, you'd have to test.

Starting with Solr 5.3.x, the war file is gone.  The application is
pre-extracted in server/solr-webapp/webapp.  Any changes you make to the
application will definitely survive a Solr restart.

So if you just change the running copy of the server that you downloaded
or built, you can modify the Angular code and test the changes.  If it's
5.3, I *know* that your changes won't be overwritten when you restart
Solr, and if it's 5.2, I *think* they won't be overwritten.

Thanks,
Shawn