On 9/9/2015 11:16 PM, Aman Tandon wrote:
> I need to ask that when i am looking for the all the parameters of the
> query using the *echoParams=ALL*, I am getting the boost parameter twice in
> the information printed on the browser screen.

If you see a parameter twice in the "echoParams=all" output, and you
aren't including it twice in the URL and/or request body, this usually
means that the parameter is in the "defaults" section of the handler
definition in solrconfig.xml, and also in the request itself.  In that
situation, the parameter in the request will be the one that actually
takes effect, but there is no obvious indication which one is which in
the response.  I think it will be the last one listed, but I am not sure.

I wonder if we could extend the echoed parameter structure so that it
would be obvious whether the parameter comes from invariants, appends,
defaults, or the request.  Or maybe we change it so that at the existing
level in the structure, the EFFECTIVE parameter list is displayed rather
than all parameters (removing duplicates for those situations where a
duplicate will override instead of merge), and the parameters for each
of the four possible sources are displayed in a separate part of the
structure.

Thanks,
Shawn