Hi,

I have a data model where I would store and index a lot of integer values
with a very restricted range (e.g. 0-255), so theoretically the 32 bits of
Solr's integer fields are complete overkill. I want to be able to to things
like vector distance calculations on those fields. Should I worry about the
"wasted" bits or will Solr compress/organize the index in a way that
compensates for this if there are only 256 (or even fewer) distinct values?

Any recommendations on how my fields should be defined to make things like
numeric functions work as fast as technically possible?

Thanks in advance,

Robert