If you are trying to create a large index and want speedups there, you
could use the MapReduceTool -
https://github.com/cloudera/search/tree/cdh5-1.0.0_5.2.1/search-mr. At a
high level, it takes your files (csv, json, etc) as input can create either
a single or a sharded index that you can either copy it to your Solr
Servers. I've used this to create indexes that include hundreds of millions
of documents in fairly decent amount of time.

*Sameer Maggon*
Measured Search
www.measuredsearch.com <http://measuredsearch.com/>