On 11/24/2015 9:31 AM, Alessandro Benedetti wrote:
> I was wondering how can I escape the '*' character to explicitly look for
> it instead of using it as a wildcard.

<snip>

> *rawquerystring*": "a\\*b",
> "*querystring*": "a\\*b",
> "*parsedquery*": "BoostedQuery(boost(+((area:a area:b) |
>  ((country:a country:b)^5.0) |
> ((resort:a resort:b)^15.0) |
>  ((region:a region:b)^10.0)),
> sum(const(1),product(const(1),int(popularity)))))",
>

> It seems *edismax* is converting the * to a space that causes a disjunction.

It is not edismax that is changing the asterisk.  It is the query
analysis on the fields named area, country, resort, and region.
Escaping the character prevented the query parser from treating it as a
wildcard, so it was passed on to the query analyzer, which likely
includes a tokenizer or filter that splits tokens on punctuation.

Thanks,
Shawn