Thanks Erick and Shawn for your reply.

We have recently upgraded the server RAM from 64MB to 192MB, and I noticed
that this caching occurs after we upgraded the RAM. Previously, the cache
may not even be preserved in the same Solr session.
So is it true that the upgrading of the server RAM creates enough spare
memory for good caching?

Regards,
Edwin