On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 12:43 PM, David Santamauro <
david.santama...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I started over (deleted all documents), re-deployed configs to
> zookeeper and reloaded the collection.
>
> This error still appears when I group.field=f1
>
> unexpected docvalues type SORTED_SET for field 'f1' (expected=SORTED). Use
> UninvertingReader or index with docvalues.
>
> What exactly does this error mean and why am I getting it with a field
> that doesn't even have docValues defined?
>
> Why is the DocValues code being used when docValues are not defined
> anywhere in my schema.xml?

 DocValues is primary citizen api for accessing forward-view index, ie. it
replaced FieldCache. The error is caused by an attempt to group by
multivalue field, which is explicitly claimed as unsupported in the doc.

Take care!

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev