Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:
Hi Geoff,

I can't find anything in the code which would give this exception when both
q and spellcheck.q is specified. Though, this exception is certainly
possible when you restart solr. Anyways, I'll look into it more deeply.

great, thanks.

There are a few ways in which we can improve this component. For example a
lot of this trouble can go away if we can reload the spell index on startup
if it exists or build it if it does not exist (SOLR-593 would need to be
resolved for this). With SOLR-605 committed, we can now add an option to
re-build the index (built from Solr fields) on commits by adding a listener
using the API. There are a few issues with collation which are being handled
in SOLR-606.

I'll open new issues to track these items. Please bear with us since this is
a new component and may take a few iterations to stabilize. Thank you for
helping us find these issues :)

np - this is a great feature to have and it's going to save me some effort as we prepare for deployment, so it's worth taking the time to work out the bugs.

thanks for your effort.

--Geoff