Hi Willie,

If you want to have backups (point-in-time snapshots) then you'd need
something similar to the snapshooter script used in replication. I believe
it creates hard links to files of the current index in a new directory
marked with the timestamp. You can either use snapshooter itself or create
your own script by modifying snapshooter to create copies instead of
hardlinks if you want. You can use the RunExecutableListener to run your
script on every commit or optimize and use the snapshots for backup
purposes.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.