will wipe all data in the index...

On Jul 8, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Willie Wong wrote:
Thanks Sahlin and Ryan for your posts...

I think the snapshooter will work fine for creating the indexes and then I can use the multicore capabilities to make them available to users.... one final question though, after snapshot has been created is there a way to totally clear out the contents in the master index - or have solr recreate
the data directory?

Thanks,

Willie

Ryan McKinley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
08/07/2008 11:17 AM
Please respond to
solr-user@lucene.apache.org

solr-user@lucene.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Automated Index Creation

re-reading your post...

Shalin is correct, just use the snapshooter script to create a point-
in-time snapshot of the index.  The multicore stuff will not help with
this.

ryan