I have a SolrCloud setup with v5.2.1 - just two hosts. A ZK ensemble of 3
hosts. Just today, customers searching in one specific collection reported
seeing varying results with the same search. I could confirm this by looking
at the logs - same search with different hits by the solr host. In the admin
console I see that the Replication section on one node is highlighted -
drawing your attention to a version and generation difference between
listing of "master" and "slave".

The shard has the same number of docs on each host, they are just at
different generations. What's the proper way to re-sync? Should I restart
the host with the out of sync collection? Or click the "optimize" button for
the one shard? Or reload the collection? Do I need to delete the replica and
build a new one?

Thanks!