Hi,
I am trying to measure how will are queries performing ie how long are they
taking. In order to measure query speed I am using solrmeter with 50k
unique filter queries. And then checking if any of the queries are slower
than 50ms. Is this a good approach to measure query performance?

Are there any guidelines on how to measure if a given instance can handle a
given number of qps(query per sec)? For example if my doc size is 30
million docs and index size is 40 GB of data and the RAM on the instance is
60 GB, then how many qps can it handle? Or is this a hard question to
answer and it depends on the load and type of query running at a given time.

--
Thanks
Jay