Thanks much Eric for checking in detail.
Yes I found the first term being left out in pf.
Because of that I had some cases where a couple of unwanted records came in
the results with higher priority than the normal ones. When I checked they
matched from the 2nd term onwards.

As suggested I wud raise a  JIRA.

Thanks!
Mark