Hi All,

I'm trying to implement a search functionality using solr. Currently I'm
suing edismax parser with ngram fields to do the search against. So far it
works well.

The question I have is when the user input double quotations to the search,
As the requirement this should  match against the original field, not
against the ngram field.

Currently what I have thought of doing is, identify the double quotations
in the user input and change the query field (qf) according to that (to
ngram field or to the exact field). Isn't there any out of the box solution
for this, I feel like it's a generic requirement and don't want to reinvent
the wheel. Appreciate your comments

[1]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6842

[2].
http://grokbase.com/t/lucene/solr-user/14cbghncvh/different-fields-for-user-supplied-phrases-in-edismax