Doug Steigerwald pisze:

> We're running Solr with basically the example Solr setup with Jetty
> (6.1.3).  We package our Solr install by using 'ant example' and
> replacing configs/etc.  Whenever Solr stops responding, there are no
> messages in the logs, nothing.  Requests just time out.
>
> We have also only seen this on our slaves.  The master doesn't seem to
> be hitting this issue.  All the boxes are the same, version of java is
> the same, etc.
>
> We don't have a stack trace and no JMX set up.  Once we see this issue,
> our support folks just stop and start Solr on that machine.
>
> Has anyone else run into anything like this with Solr?

Yes, I saw such behaviour on many Ubuntu 6.06 servers running in virtual
environments (like VMWare). Either Jetty was unable to bind to specified
port (for unknown reason) or the whole process was lost somewhere in
space (killable only by kill -9, not responding to signals, etc.).
Though, I can only confirm, no advice here, as this was mystery to me too.

--
We read Knuth so you don't have to. -- Tim Peters

Jarek Zgoda
re:define