Thanks for your considerable opinion. I'll try addreplica first.

scott.chu,scott....@udngroup.com
2016/5/24 (週二)
----- Original Message -----
From: Erick Erickson
To: solr-user ; scott(自己)
CC:
Date: 2016/5/24 (週二) 01:56
Subject: Re: What to do best when expaning from 2 nodes to 4 nodes? [scottchu]

Take a look at the SPLITSHARD Collections API here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api3

Best value of numShards and replicationFactor: Impossible to say. You have

to stress test respecting your SLAs. See:
https://lucidworks.com/blog/2012/07/23/sizing-hardware-in-the-abstract-why-we-dont-have-a-definitive-answer/

But there's _no_ reason to split your shard if you are getting adequate
response times to queries. In fact, going to more than one shard
will possibly slow your query response as distributed queries add
inevitable overhead.

If you simply want to add more replicas to increase the QPS rate you
can handle. just bring up your Solr nodes and use the Collections API
ADDREPLICA command to your single shard.

Best,
Erick

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 7:52 AM, Scott Chu <scott....@udngroup.com> wrote:

> I just created a 90gb index collection with 1 shard and 2 replicas on 2
> nodes. I am to migrate from 2 nodes to 4 node. I am wondering what's the best
> stragedy to split this single shard? Furthermore, If I am ok to reindex,
> what's the best adequate experienced value of numShards and
> replicationFactor? Lastly, I think there's no other way but reindex if I want
> my data to be evenly distributed into every shard I create, right?
>
> Scott Chu,scott....@udngroup.com
> 2016/5/23 (週一)
>
> P.S. For those who are curious of why I add [scottchu] in subject, the reason
> is that I want my email filter to route those emails that answer to my
> question to specific folder.

-----
未在此訊息中找到病毒。
已透過 AVG 檢查 - www.avg.com
版本: 2015.0.6201 / 病毒庫: 4568/12285 - 發佈日期: 05/23/16