Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. The queries I run are very basic filter queries
with some sorting.

q:*:*&fq=(dt1:[date1 TO *] && dt2:[* TO NOW/DAY+1]) && fieldA:abc &&
fieldB:(123 OR 456)&sort=dt1 asc,field2 asc, fieldC desc

I noticed that the date fields(dt1,dt2) are using date instead of tdate
fields & there are no docValues set on any of the fields used for sorting.

In order to fix this I plan to add a new field using tdate & docvalues
where required to the schema & update the new columns only for documents
that have fieldA set to abc. Once the fields are updated query on the new
fields to measure query performance .

   - Would the new added fields be used effectively by the solr index when
   querying & filtering? What I am not sure is whether only populating small
   number of documents(fieldA:abc) that are used for the above query provide
   performance benefits.
   - Would there be a performance penalty because majority of the
   documents(!fieldA:abc) dont have values in the new columns?

Thanks
Jay

--
Thanks