I've added multivalued fields within my SOLR schema for indexing entities
extracted using NLP methods applied to the text I'm indexing, along with
fields for other discrete data extracted from relational databases.

A Java application reads data out of multiple relational databases, uses
NLP on the text and indexes each document (de-normalized) using SOLRJ.

I initially tried doing this with content handlers, but found it much
easier to just write a Java application.

SOLRJ Java API reference:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Using+SolrJ

Stanford NLP:
http://stanfordnlp.github.io/CoreNLP/