Thanks for the offer however I think I have a different issue.  I reinstalled
my ZK and Solr servers between each tests so I didn't have any unwanted files.

Alexandre Drouin

-----Original Message-----
From: John Bickerstaff [mailto:j...@johnbickerstaff.com]
Sent: August 12, 2016 1:43 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting "collection already exists" when creating collection in
admin UI

I don't know if this helps, but I had trouble creating collections due to a
number of issues and I think I got this error (I was using the command line,
not the UI)

As I recall, if it exists in Zookeeper, it will error out.  It was a while ago,
but I think the way I had to solve it was to go into Zookeeper and delete the
"node".

This was easier for me because I was using "chroot" in Zookeeper such that each
collection was separate - so all I had to do was delete the entire node and
start over.

Take me with a grain of salt - it was a while ago.

If you want, I have linux command lines for most / all of this... let me know.