On 8/16/2016 7:01 AM, Eirik Hungnes wrote:
> I have been looking around for a library for .NET / C#. We are
> currently using SolrNet, but that is ofc not as well equipped as
> SolrJ, and have heard rumors occasionally about someone, also Lucene,
> has been working on a port to other languages?

The only client that the Solr project maintains is SolrJ -- the Java
client.  This client is an integral part of Solr itself, so it is kept
up to date.  Naturally this is the client that we recommend, but
sometimes the choice of development language does not include Java.

Clients for any other programming language are third-party software.  We
have no control over that software, and changes in new versions of Solr
will occasionally break those clients.  For instance, one of the main
Solr clients for PHP was broken by a change in Solr 4.0, and it took the
maintainers of that client a LONG time to fix the problem.

I have mentioned the possibility of having the project build/maintain
clients for other languages, or perhaps have some of them absorbed into
the project (if the license is compatible) but nobody has volunteered to
take on the task.  I don't have much experience with those programming
languages.

You can find information about third-party clients here:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/IntegratingSolr

There are some .NET clients there.  The most recent of them was last
updated a year ago.

Thanks,
Shawn