Hi guys,
was just experimenting some reranker with really low number of rerank docs
( 10= pageSize) .
Let's focus on the distributed enviroment and  the manual sharding approach.

Currently what happens is that the reranking task is delivered by the
shards, they rescore the docs and then send them back to the aggregator
node.

If you want to rerank only few docs ( leaving the others with the original
score following), this can be done in a single Solr instance ( the howmany
logic manages that in the reranker) .

What happens when you move to a distributed environment ?
The aggregator will aggregate both rescored and original scored documents,
making the final ranking inconsistent.
In the other hand if we make the rarankingDocs threshold dynamic ( to adapt
to start+rows) we can incur in the very annoying issue of having a document
sliding through the pages ( visible in the first page , then appearing
again in the third ect ect).

Any thought ?

Cheers

--