On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 10:46 AM Joel Bernstein <joels...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Grant, can you describe your use case? Currently we can filter on the
> relationship using a filter query. So I was wondering what use case would
> involve retrieving the relationship. Are you looking to discover what
> relationships are available? One of the assumptions I made was that users
> would know what relationships they wanted to traverse.

Some of this is admittedly a thought experiment of what's possible, but I
think when dealing w/ graph operations it's pretty natural to use edge
attributes as part of your calculation.  The most obvious use case of that
is a weighted graph where the edge attribute is a numerical weight (e.g. in
Yonik's example: sort/rank by rating).  For me, I'm exploring how to use KB
data (Yago, which is basically RDF triples) as part of relevance and to
answer questions.  These are commonly done in a triple store (RDF engine),
but w/ this graph stuff in Solr, I think it could be possible to do in Solr
(and quite simply at that), which significantly simplifies the overall
system.