I think 70GB is too huge for a shard.
How much memory does the system is having?
Incase solr does not have sufficient memory to load the indexes, it will
use only the amount of memory defined in your Solr Caches.

Although you are on HFDS, solr performances will be really bad if it has do
disk IO at the query time.

The best option for you is to shard it into atleast 8-10 nodes and create
appropriate replicas according to your read traffic.

Regards,
Piyush