On 12/16/2016 11:58 AM, Chetas Joshi wrote:
> How different the index data caching mechanism is for the Streaming
> API from the cursor approach?

Solr and Lucene do not handle that caching.  Systems external to Solr
(like the OS, or HDFS) handle the caching.  The cache effectiveness will
be a combination of the cache size, overall data size, and the data
access patterns of the application.  I do not know enough to tell you
how the cursorMark feature and the streaming API work when they access
the index data.  I would imagine them to be pretty similar, but cannot
be sure about that.

Thanks,
Shawn