I have a collection (1 shard, 2 replicas) that was doing a batch update when
one solr host ran out of disk space. The batch job failed at that point, and
one replica got corrupted. I deleted the bad replica. I've tried several
times since then to add a new replica. The status of the request is
"running" for about 30 minutes or so, then it completes but the new replica
is always "down" and has 0 documents.

The collection only has 15 million docs. Adding a replica to a shard that
small should only take a couple minutes. I haven't seen any errors in the
solr logs during the replication process. Has anyone seen this behavior
before? What should I be looking at for diagnostic purposes?

Thanks for the support
v5.2.1