Hello Sebastian,

Except for the requirement to have all fields stored, there is from
Solr/Lucene's point of view not much difference between indexing a partial
update or a complete document. Under the hood a partial update is a complete
object anyway. Using partial updates you gain a little bandwidth at the expense
of additional stored fields.

If your backend is the bottleneck, it would probably be very beneficial for you
to switch to atomic updates: decrease stress on your database and decrease
reindexing time.

Regards,
Markus