bq: I'm not too familiar with this technology yet. I tried adding that
&debug=query at the end of my URL, but nothing happened.

You need to look at the raw response. There should be a section at the
end of the response where debug information is appended.

Please just paste the relevant bits of your xml file inline for the
field you're considering. The admin UI>>select core>>analysis page is
_really_ your friend here.

Best,
Erick